Listing Category: Art Instructors & Teachers
LANDSCAPE FOUNDATIONS in Watercolor
Does a beautiful landscape inspire you or carry you away to another life, world or your peaceful place? Are you a beginner, an experienced painter, or just want a fun night out? If so, then this class is for you. Your instructor, Carolyn Bruno Havrilla, specializes in multi-level instruction personalized for every need and multiple abilities.
You will learn the elements of landscape painting and then practice, practice, and practice some more. You will learn how to use watercolor paint and paper with methods that enhance your innate style and create landscapes with depth and as much or as little detail as YOU want. No style? This class will help you not only discover your style but, also help you develop it. Then we will paint, paint, and paint some more.
Enroll here https://wclandscape.eventbrite.com
WHO: You and seven other adventurers will join instructor, Carolyn Havrilla
WHAT: A five-week class for two (2) hours each week.
WHEN: Thursday nights from February 22, March 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd.
TIME: 6:30 – 8:30 PM
WHERE: Penelope Fox Studio • 10 Canal Street, Bristol, PA, 19007
WHY: Fun and personal development and fulfillment
Watercolor Class in Literature II
Curriculum by: Carolyn Bruno Havrilla
- Swiss Family Robinson, Johann David Wyss– How to make due with the materials and colors at hand…A study in color theory.
- The Ugly Duckling, Hans Christen Andersen – The art of seeing the beauty in all things…A study in composition
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain– How watercolor will lie to you and swear to it…A study of the various effects and affects of pigment and water.
- How to Build a Toolbox, Boy Scout Handbook – Materials and techniques to make your paintings look as intended.
- Black Stallion, Walter Farley – “Unmatched and Unbroken” How watercolor resists your will for it and what to do about it…A study in discipline.
- The Secret Garden, Francis Hodgson Burnett – Building confidence with composition, color, brush strokes. How to accept, persevere and develop artistic confidence.